Writer: Aleen Nassief
Photographer: Amr Khattab
Alright, so you’re obviously here desperately looking for new book suggestions to waste your life away in. We’re going to make it simple for you; because we would love to waste away our lives reading too.
1) Percy Jackson And The Olympians by Rick Riordan (a series)
This 5-book series talks about Greek Mythology in a way that’ll make anyone fall in love with the main character: Percy Jackson. Explore Greek mythology in the most light hearted way possible through this one.
2) Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan. ( a series)
It talks about the conflict between the Greek gods/goddesses and the Roman gods/goddesses. If you love mythology, this is a must read.
3) Paper Towns by John Green.
Quentin and Margo (main characters) play pranks on their friends. But why did she run away? You’ll find out.
4) Turtles All The Way Down by John Green.
Aza struggles to solve a mystery that she herself becomes one.
5) Harry Potter (series) by J.K. Rowling.
This is quite self-explanatory. You’re a wizard, Harry. Need we elaborate more?
6) Eleanor And Park by Rainbow Rowell.
Eleanor struggles with bad-home life while Park is just figuring himself and his life out. But as soon as they fall in love, both of their lives crumble.
7) Witch And Wizard by James Patterson.(series)
describes the struggles of being a supernatural. Lovers of science fiction/ fantasy will love this one.
8) We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.
The story is mostly about a mysterious tragedy which occurred two years prior to the timeline of the novel, which the amnesia-struck Cadence (the narrator) must piece together.