Writer: Hanna Khalid
We all like getting ready for Eid by buying new outfits, gathering with our families, or giving ourselves complete makeovers. But, what we don’t often realize is the aftermath of Eid and the toll it takes on our skin. Therefore, I’m going to guide you through some skin care tips for a healthy, glowing skin.
First of all, make sure to exfoliate to get rid of all the dead skin on your face. Wash your face with warm water to open up your pores then start exfoliating.
Here are some natural exfoliating remedies you can try out:
1) take two bananas, mash and add sugar and honey. Gently massage on your face for 5 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
2) take 1/2 cup of blueberries, 2 table spoons of honey, and 1 tablespoon of sugar, gently massage it in circular motions then rinse it off as well.
3) You can also take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and mix it with 2 tablespoons of sugar for another remedy
After you exfoliate, you got to reward your skin with a nourishing face mask. You can either make face masks at home with guaranteed, natural products, or you can buy one. Face masks are really important if you want clear and hydrated skin. Make sure to use them twice a week for quicker and better results.
Here are some natural remedies you can try out:
1) for dry skin: beat an egg with lemon and apply on your face. Wait for 30 minutes and rinse.
2) to tighten pores: mix 1 teaspoon plain yogurt with the juice from 1/4 slice of orange, some of the orange pulp, and 1 teaspoon aloe.
3) for clear skin: mix 1 table spoon of yogurt with half table spoon of honey, and one mashed banana.
4) for fresh face: Make a mask by mixing 1/4 cup powdered milk with enough water to form a thick paste. Thoroughly coat your face with the mixture, let dry completely, then rinse with warm water.
A lot of people usually ignore this step, but we think that it is very important. Toner cancels excess oil forming on your skin, keeping it matte and refreshed. It also helps balancing your skin’s pH. Try your best to include a toner in your skin care routine.
After all that, you’ve got to moisturize your skin to keep your skin soft and healthy. Try using water-based moisturizers for oily skin. Also, use what best suits your skin and consult your dermatologist to pick what is best for you.
The key to a perfect skin is letting it breathe. Don’t sleep with your makeup on and try going makeup free every now and then. Drink you water regularly as well. You’ll notice a great difference.