Writer: Raghed Hamza
Editor: Abdallah Sobhi
How to Meditate in 7 Simple Steps and with 5 Benefits
- Sit down somewhere quite and comfortable with your back straight. Do not lie down.
- Close your eyes.
- Take deep breaths. Inhale and exhale slowly, focusing on how your body expands and your muscles contract and relax.
- Think of nothing but your breathing.
- After a few minutes of deep breathing, let your mind wander a bit, but keep most of your attention on your breathing.
- Start off with 5 minute sessions, increasing the duration a bit every day, until you find your sweet spot.
- Always remember that practice makes perfect—meditate several times to get the ropes of it.
Meditation has plenty of benefits, but here are 5.
- Reduces stress, anxiety, and blood pressure, and helps you sleep better.
- Increases your duration of attention, which leads to helping you study better and listen to conversations better—ideal for ADHD-diagnosed people.
- Greatly heightens your thought-processing abilities.
- Lessens the severity of physical pain you encounter.
- Increases creativity.